Automate manual processes to improve margins and accelerate business
Manual processes dominate many aspects of transportation and third party logistics (3PL), which keeps costs high and slows growth. Automating with Kapow Software can reduce labor costs as much as 95% and allow staff to manage by exception.
Kapow Katalyst's integration capabilities allow you to update the B2B portals increasingly required by your trading partners without needing any manual effort at all. You can integrate your transportation management system (TMS) with the portals of shippers, carriers, and vendors by creating APIs for them–and even create EDI records from the data on a B2B portal.
Featured Customer Success Stories in Supply Chain Optimization:
JB Hunt, one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America, keeps trucks running at capacity by harnessing real-time web data with Kapow.
- Reduce freight costs by filling all trucks on all routes to capacity.
- To achieve this goal, they needed real-time access to relevant information from diverse sources, including logistic and payment information, but access to secure/external databases was seemingly impossible.
- Kapow web intelligence robots enable them to monitor public and partner websites for freight bid information in real time.
- They can integrate data from hundreds of partners and companies within a complex value chain.
- Data flows are integrated using web application interfaces. This eliminates the need for manual copy and paste between systems.
- The solution provides mobile access to application data, crucial for a transportation company.
- More trucks are running with full loads, reducing freight cost per mile.
- Automating data integration has reduced cost (and errors) associated with manual data entry.
- Real-time visibility into partner logistics drives increased margin, revenue and customer satisfaction.
- CFO has a real-time view of cash flow.
NetApp expands enterprise search with Kapow Software delivering a search experience that is comprehensive in scope yet provides accurate and relevant results to users. The project completed at 50 percent of original budgeted cost while providing 80 percent more functionality.
> Download Case Study
- NetApp creates innovative storage systems and software solutions that help customers around the world store, manage, protect and retain their data.
- They had new and legacy content residing in distributed repositories across the organization within internal and external knowledge-bases, support sites, bugs databases etc.All the content – structured, semi-structured and unstructured data without meta-data needed to be indexed and mapped to a standard taxonomy and controlled vocabulary for improved search results relevance.
- Allows automated access to multiple systems with critical content and delivers a fully enriched feed to an enterprise search engine.
- Adds, enhances, transforms and normalizes metadata across new and legacy content with automated business logic.
- Standardizes extraction technology across different content source types (e.g., Web, SaaS, SQL/databases, etc).
- More than one million content items residing in 150 repositories included in their search initiative. NetApp was able to sync content between multiple systems.
- Project completed at 50 percent of initial estimated cost while providing 80 percent more functionality.
- Better customer experience as NetApp customers can use online search to answer support questions immediately.
PITT OHIO, a premier US-based regional transportation provider, improved efficiency and realized significant cost savings by tightly integrating with their customers, partners and payment processors and automating data-driven business processes that are on the critical path of their daily operations.
> Download Case Study
> Watch Video
> Watch Webinar
- PITT OHIO is interacting with a vibrant business ecosystem of partners, suppliers, vendors and customers. Teams of employees were spending hours copying information about shipment statuses, delivery times and paid invoices interacting with various internal and external applications to complete daily operations.
- They needed a more efficient way to exchange data across their supply chain ecosystem without relying on costly, error-prone manual efforts to stay competitive in this industry where margins are laser thin.
- Automated process of accessing and collecting data from public and internal websites to support customer service, credit and collection operations (e.g. capturing data from partner systems, uploading to internal transportation management systems and customer portal, etc.)
- Using Kapow Software mails, schedules, shipments are read, and B2B portal status are updates, all without manual effort.
- Real-time updates from in-vehicle GPS systems are posted by Kapow Software within seconds.
- Improved productivity by 95 percent by reducing manual effort.
- Streamlined processes by automating 100 percent of routine activities.
- Reduced costs by saving over 30 hours per week.
- Increased revenues by decreasing aged receivables and growing managed accounts without adding staff.
Trinity Logistics, a top-20 U.S. logistics provider, is saving hundreds of thousands of dollars annually by eliminating 90 percent of the manual effort needed to process shipping documents by automating the process instead.
> Download Case Study
- Trinity offers a full range of logistics services that includes full truckload, LTL, intermodal, and freight management – various logistics solutions designed especially for each client
- Trinity’s staff was manually entering transactions and copying data from multiple systems.
- These systems had no APIs and the traditional integration approach was expensive, time consuming and would have created dependencies if things were to break or change.
- Needed to integrate with hundreds of carriers, payment processors, and supplier websites to reduce the cost of handling manual transactions on B2B portals and increase staff efficiency.
- Kapow Software integrates Trinity’s internal systems with systems outside their firewall.
- It automatically accesses the carrier websites to capture each shipment's PRO number, Bill of Lading, carrier invoice and other documents, track/trace information and invoice amount, and integrates the data into Trinity’s operating system.
- Documents are moved directly into Trinity's OCR subsystem, eliminating the manual scanning of PDF documents by converting them into a scanner-friendly format.
- Kapow Software then integrates with Trinity's operating system to validate this data - if a discrepancy is detected, an exception be raised for review.
- 95 percent of supported LTL shipments are now being processed without any manual effort.
- Improved margins and top-line growth as non-value added 'touches' and manual processes were eliminated and Trinity staff can focus on handling exceptions and other revenue-generating activities.
- Improved cash flow further accelerates Trinity’s business.
- Expects to double in volume of transactions by 2015 with only 20 percent increase in staff.